The NUB Scientific Research Center is one of the foundations that crystallize the university’s mission in education, scientific research and community service. The center consists of different specialized laboratories equipped with the most recent scientific and technological devices that carry out experiments, scientific and applied researches. NUB Research Center offers the opportunities to deliver students and young researchers the required research skills to participate in research projects funded nationally and internationally in order to solve the problems that face society and the labor market.
NUB Research Center plans to serve
the local, regional, and international
communities by participating with
others to conduct and publish
research for possible applications in
the appropriate community activities.
NUB Research Center is looking
forward to be one of the best
leading, authenticated and service
institutes in the field of advanced
scientific research so that it can
serve the community on national and
international levels continuously.
The Center of Continuing Education resembles a chain that connects the university to the community. The center allows the largest possible number of community members to benefit from the expertise, experiences, and resources available at NUB by introducing programs that develop the required skills and expertise and providing a supportive and encouraging environment, both theoretically and practically.
The center is one of the most important pillars for educational development and expertise management at NUB. It is entrusted with optimizing teaching, learning, and training methods to develop the capabilities of all parties involved in the educational process and benefit from academic expertise by offering advanced programs that develop the capabilities and skills of NUB faculty members and employees.
The center also provides advanced programs for academic and administrative leaders to improve their leadership performance and decision-making abilities—a step that brings benefit to the overall educational process. Similarly, the center presents effective programs and courses to adorn students with the essential academic, intellectual, and research skills.
The university established the center for teaching Arabic to non-native speakers of foreign university students (Chinese – Indonesian – Korean and others) as a center to spread culture and the Arabic language to students of these countries
Spreading the Arabic language and culture for students of non-speaking countries by meeting their academic, research, linguistic, cultural and civilizational needs
Providing specialized study programs and scientific and cultural care in teaching the Arabic language by employing all material and human capabilities of the university to meet the needs of those wishing to learn the Arabic language.
Since its inception, the Center has received many students from Chinese universities, such as: Tianjin University, Beijing University of International Studies and Holningang University, and has provided them with distinguished service in teaching Arabic.
NUB Scientific Research Center is one of the cornerstones that crystallize the university’s mission in education, scientific research and community service. The center consists of different specialized laboratories equipped with the latest scientific and technological devices to carry out experiments and scientific and applied researches according to the NUB research plans. As such, the NUB Research Center qualifies students to participate afterwards in research projects funded locally and internationally to solve the problems that face their society and the labor market.
NUB Research Center seeks to be a first-rate research and service institution in the field of advanced scientific research such that it can serve the community continuously on the national and international levels to confront the current and future challenges.
NUB Research Center plans to serve the local, regional, and international communities by participating with others to conduct and publish researches and studies in applied sciences and humanities for possible implementation in the appropriate community activities.
• Promoting the quality of scientific research at NUB in the different fields in a manner that attunes the research to the nature and needs of the society.
• Boosting NUB’s international ranking by publishing the scientific researches that have been conducted at the university in international journals to raise the status of the university among international universities.
• Achieving self-sufficiency in terms of faculty staffing, as the center offers services that can help the assisting staff obtain their master’s degree or Ph.D. Once they obtain their degrees, assisting staff members can be promoted to the ranks of the Faculty Staff.
• Promoting a research culture inside and outside NUB under the leadership of the university staff by offering various courses and training workshops using the devices available at the center Commented .
• It is designed according to the scientific research standard specifications. In the animal house, pure strains of experimental animals, especially mice, are crossbred to be used in scientific research by both master’s and doctoral students who belong to NUB University or other universities around the country. The design of the center provides all environmental factors and settings needed to conduct research experiments.
• The center breeds and produces experimental animals, especially small mice, for students of practical faculties, as the center aims to achieve self-sufficiency to ensure the quality of the strains.
• The house contains a laboratory for injecting animals that are being tested. This laboratory is equipped with devices to separate the samples used in different research measurements.
• There are five research laboratories corresponding to the different specialties they serve, all equipped with the modern scientific devices used in measuring samples.
• These devices are used to conduct experiments for the assisting staff scientific dissertations and faculty promotion researches. They additionally serve as a source for developing the university’s resources.
• These devices are also used to hold training workshops that contribute to the development of university resources.
1. Achieving full self-sufficiency by means of resource development or production of experimental animal strains
2. Holding training workshops for staff members and assistants from all universities.
3. Establishing a scientific journal under the name of NUB that is to be accredited by the Supreme Council of Universities to publish researches received from different parts from the world.
4. Conducting more researches by increasing the number of the different devices to meet the demands of various specialties and achieve self-sufficiency for faculty members.
5. Promoting the continuous education methodology that is characteristic of scientific research and conducting applied research projects related to the environment in different trends
Pharmacology and Toxicology Laboratory is an important milestone and one of the essential elements for the research and development of new drugs; this field makes one of the most important sections of pharmaceutical companies.
The laboratory was established in July 2013 and aims to discover new drugs and study the adverse effects of many drugs. It also aims to study the pharmacological properties of some drugs sold in the market and the various uses of these drugs.
Apart from the presence of basic equipment in this research laboratory, the Pharmacology and Toxicology Laboratory is equipped with the following tools and equipment:
1. Ultraviolet double beam spectrophotometer
2. Cooling centrifuge 15000 rpm, -10oC
3. Homogenizer 24000 rpm
There is a plan to add more future scientific and laboratory equipment to the Toxicology Laboratory. Graduate students are now more interested in research on gastrointestinal diseases, including ulcerative colitis, peptic ulcers, and liver disease.
The factory is carefully designed to train students of the Faculty of Pharmacy. It contains modern equipment and machines that serve both postgraduate and undergraduate students. Additionally, it contains a data show and a presentation system, which are very efficient in making presentations and delivering lectures using the up-to-date technology.
The equipment available can be utilized in many pharmaceutical manufacturing purposes as follows:
• Equipment to manufacture pharmaceutical tablets, from processing raw materials, to mixing, sieving, granulation, milling, weighing, and finally compression
• Complete set of equipment for quality control of the prepared tablets, including weight variation, friability, disintegration, thickness, and hardness
• A unit for preparing pellets (pelletizer) to improve the bioavailability of drugs
• Some units for preparing topical dosage forms by homogenization and mixing In light of the above, the factory is an excellent center for teaching and training undergraduate students, conducting researches by postgraduate students, and producing some products for hospitals on a small scale.
The English Language Unit is one of the most important pillars upon which NUB rests. With a role that goes beyond teaching English, this unit prepares a new generation that aspires to developing the society. The unit develops students’ analytical thinking, linguistic, and effective communication skills through its professional staff. The English Language Unit offers an international program in cooperation with Aptech Academy for teaching English language (India).
• The 1st program is divided into three different levels that meet the needs of university students and qualifies them to fulfill the labor market demands. Each level covers a full academic year.
o Level one targets students of a lower level of language abilities. It focuses on developing and enhancing students’ listening and speaking skills as well as providing training on basic principles of academic writing.
o Level two targets the intermediate and above-average students. It develops students’ academic writing skills on a more comprehensive and detailed level: writing and reviewing proper sentences, paragraphs and articles; improving students’ listening and speaking skills to the level of fluency.
o Level three targets advanced students. It aims to develop a set of skills that enables students to meet the labor market.
• The 2nd program is the Aptech English language program, which is offered in cooperation with Aptech English Language Academy in India. It provides three basic levels for learning English and offers a professional certificate from Middlesex University and Aptech Academy.