Duration of Study:
• Five years program followed by two obligatory training (house officer years).
• 300 points
• All courses are conducted in English
The faculty grants students a bachelor’s degree of Medicine & Surgery (MBBCh) in the following fields:
• Medical Biochemistry
• Medical Histology and Cell Biology
• Medical Parasitology
• Medical Microbiology and Immunology
• Public Health
• Forensic Medicine and Clinical Toxicology
• General Surgery
• Obstetrics and Gynecology
• Clinical and Chemical Pathology
• Vascular Surgery
• Critical Care
• Medical Physiology
• Human Anatomy and Embryology
• Clinical Pharmacology
• Ear, Nose and Throat
• Internal Medicine
• Tropical Medicine
• Pediatric Surgery
• Plastic Surgery
• Cardiothoracic Surgery
• Family Medicine
WHY JOIN THE FACULTY OF MEDICINE?
Partnership with leading Medical University of Vienna:
The Medical University of Vienna, founded in 1365, is the largest medical organization in Austria and the 2nd oldest medical school in Europe, and provides Europe’s largest hospital, the Vienna General Hospital, with all of its medical staff.
There have been seven Nobel prize laureates affiliated with the medical faculty, and fifteen in total with the University of Vienna.
In the 2014–15 Times Higher Education Rankings, the Medical University of Vienna is listed among the top 15 medical schools in Europe and 49th in the world, (Clinical, Pre- clinical and Health).
The partnership agreement entails full collaboration in:
• Curriculum & Faculty development.
• Building the capacity of faculty members.
• Teaching and Assessment.
• Scientific Research and Quality Control.
• Exchange of students and faculty between the two universities.
The Faculty of Medicine of Al Nahda University aims to achieve a distinguished status as an institution that brings out the best medical practitioners and researchers in Egypt and the Middle East and that provides quality patient focused medical care and health services to the community.
• Graduating highly qualified Medical Practitioners who can provide and develop medical care for patients in Egypt, Upper Egypt, and the Middle East, and have the ability to learn and conduct scientific research continuously.
• To graduate researchers who can address society’s priority problems and uses the most recent scientific innovations at the level of both undergraduate and postgraduate research projects.
• To graduate physicians committed to providing patient care consistent with medical profession ethics, patient safety, and cost.
• To graduate physicians who can work with the society and its leaders to identify its health-related problems and solve them. It pays particular attention to the infectious diseases prevalent in Beni Suef and Fayoum and the burden of non-communicable diseases while targeting the development and upgrading of Upper Egypt level of health and medical care providers and improving population health indicators.